Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I curl my hair like this?

I really, REALLY suck with using my straightener (which can be used as a curler) and I want to get a style like this on my hair...



http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii336/urban_magpie/2008121000865_1.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii336/urban_magpie/2008121000865_0.jpg



Now, how do I get it not TOO curled but kind of wavy like this? Do I have to curl it than brush it out a lot so it becomes less curly??? @_@



And are there any straighteners that can work as curlers with a lock or something or should I just use a regular styling curler? 'Cause my hair always comes out bent when I curl...



Thank you!How do I curl my hair like this?
Add volumizer to the roots of wet hair. Put hair in Velcro rollers, rolling up to your chin, and let dry. Gentl%26lt;%26gt;y remove curlers and secure the waves with a light hairspray.How do I curl my hair like this?
Okay things you need:

-Brush

-Weightless hairspray

-1 1/4 of an inch curling iron



First off, I have this iron:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h鈥?/a>

It's a Helen of Troy 1 1/4 curling Iron and I use it for just about every style not too small or big. I can do just about anything, like glam waves, loose curls, crimp.



Anyways, any curler that size will work. First curl your hair. When I do this hairstyle I usually flip it all out in one direction. But this one looks like it varies, so change up your direction a bit if you want. But to do it like me (which is very similar hair) curl it all in the same direction flipping away from your face. To curl you want to clamp the end and twirl up the shaft to your head leaving about 2 inches out of the iron on the root. Very simple. Then, flip your head upside down and brush, but no hard or too fast (or too much). When you flip your head back, you will have A LOT of volume. Just twirl each side of your hair in the outward direction and the curls will be soft and forming. Spray with lightweight strong hold hairspray. My hair is hard to curl because I used straightening shampoo and conditioner for a year, and this style will hold till the next morning.
What you can do is curl your entire head the night before with the straightener. (If you don't know how to do so, there are a TON of youtube videos to show you how) and than sleep on it. The next morning you will have that look, because the curls would have relaxed by that time. Or even curling it a few hours before and after you're done, just run you fingers through it. Within those few hours, the curl would have settled giving you the wavy look you desire. Good luck!
You should really just use an actual curling iron instead of a hair straightener to curl your hair, hence the name ';hair straightener';. I don't like using things for other purposes lol.



Okay here's what I think would work, though my hair is like the girl in the picture's somewhat naturally.

-You need a curling iron bigger than 1 inch and I hope you're using heat protectant on your hair!! :)



You taken an inch wide piece of hair and wrap it around the iron. Keep it there for more than 10 seconds [it depends on your hair and it's ability to wave/curl]. Do the same thing to every inch piece of hair on your head. Then if it's still a little too curly - hairspray it, and after maybe 30 minutes comb/brush it out so it will still be wavy but not curly.



:D good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment