Sunday, November 14, 2010

First time hair curler/straightener?

I know I sound totally stupid, but I don't know anything about this. I want to buy a curler/straightener for my hair but I don't know what kind or brand I should get. I have medium-length, slightly wavy hair and I've never used a curler OR a straightener before. If you could recommend a good one, some simple directions, and maybe even some tips on how not to burn my hair etc that would be great! Thanks in advance.



P.S. I'm not concerned with the price as long as it does not exceed $200. (haha goes to show how little I know about this) Also- I don't know if this makes a difference in the product I buy- when I curl my hair, I don't want tight bouncy curls, just loose and casual.First time hair curler/straightener?
I love my GHDs. I have never had any problem with them. My first pair of hair straighteners that cost me $100 would take like 20 minutes to heat up. GHDs take only 30 seconds. They are good for straightening and curling. I don't know how much they cost now days though because I have had my pair for over 5 years. If they are more expensive than $200 I would have to say they are definitely worth forking out the extra cash to get some.First time hair curler/straightener?
well, the ghd has been chosen by several magazines as best hair straightener so you can take this into consideration. It's better to spend a bit on a quality product than to be sorry you ruined your hair or your hair doesn't get straightened well. Here are some tips that might come in handy with your hair straightening

http://www.hair.becomegorgeous.com/profe鈥?/a>
u dont sound stupid i was exactly like this...u just practice grab ur hair with it and twist the curler around. u have to try a few times to get it right and also section/part ur hair

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
GHD is good!

I have got one and they do the job... You can curl/straight your hair etc

But remember always to use Heat defence spray On your hair to protect it.
Im in love with my hair straightener. I've been using it for 3 years and it hasn't broken, and still works amazingly. and plus you can curl your hair or straighten with it, the curls just depend on how you curl it will be tight or loose. (I suggest youtube to learn how)

The straightener is $119 plus $14 for s%26amp;h, but it comes with clips, a bag, a comb, a leave in conditioner and a finishing spray, a dvd with hair style ideas, also a brush that is awesome for static reduction. and you save money when you pay all at once and the shipping is faster.

The site is: http://www.kstyler.com/

So if you can order online this is an amazing styler. and when i straighten my hair it lasts for a long long time.

If you don't want to burn your hair i would get a good heat protectent, the Gaurdian Angel from Got2B is good but can make your hair greasy. if you cant find anything i suggest going to your local hair salon and ask for their opinon. and make sure your hair is DRY when you style it because it will dry out your hair when its wet (unless its a wet to dry straightener) and if its straight it will curl back up and if its curly they will fall out and get frizzy.

And if you dont get this one, then get a ceramic one (:

I hope this helps! :D
I recommend CHI or GVP from Sally's, they're both similar, the GVP is just the store's brand. Also, get CHI Silk Infusion and put a good bit all over your hair, starting from the root (not so much it's gonna be WET). By this time, your straightener should be hot, if your hair is really thick put the straightener @ 410 degrees, if not, then stay somewhere in between the lowest and the highest temps so your ends will be nice and straight. Take a THICK comb (not some thin plastic comb b/c it WILL MELT the teeth of the comb) and pull your hair through the straightener all over. It may be easiest to part and straighten. Be careful because straighteners get really hot and are liable to burn your hands from hold your hair in place to straighten it. Right now, the GVP is $60 and it works as well as a CHI. CHI's are expensive and they are official!!!
To be honest alot of the average sort of make straightners are about the same. i have average straigteners and they work perfectly. you dont need to splash out on buying ghds or anything, your just best off makeing sure they are ceramic! this helps to protect the hair



the same goes for curlers. $70 each and you should have a decent pair of straightners and curler. (im unsure how much as im from england) if you want a loose curl it depends on the size of the curler. mine is like 2 inch wide, which creates a medium sized curl, but the smaller the tighter curl you will have and the bigger the bigger curl/wave it creates. dont apply to much product or it will just stick your hair together when you curl it. curl it first then hairspray and just touch up any bits you see after.



to curl or straighten you are best off doin it in sections. just go from behind both your ears part your hair straight acrross so you have a section at the bottom pin your hair up at the top leave the bottom hanging. then you can start straighten ing and curling and then the next section! until you finish.



best thing is to keep practising all hair curls/straightens a little different once you get used to it you will wonder why you worried! also if you go onto youtube there are many helpful videos on there :) good luck hunny!!
Ok for the straightener get a professional one froma hairdresser i got a normal cheapo one first and it didnt keep my hair straight for longer than 15 mins! So honestly they cost a bit more but you can get them under $200 i actually bought my ghd one on ebay for a really good price and it works great. So the best straightener brands are chi or ghd and make sure you but something to protect your hair from the heat. I use toni ang guys heat protectant spray it works great. For the hair curler i would get a vs sasson my sister has one and its great but if you curl your hair always put hairspray on after because no matter how good the curler the curls will always come out if you dont use hairspray.

1 comment:

  1. I want to buy a curler/straightener for my hair but I don't know what kind or brand I should get. I have medium-length, slightly wavy hair and I've ... straightenercurler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete