Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you curl long hair?

My hair hair is down to my knees and I'm about 5'9 so it's really long. It's thick and healthy. It's all one length. It's very straight but it's got body and not flat. I can't even straighten it with a straightener. I've seen people with long hair get their hair curled so I know it's possible. So how could I got about getting it curled? I like Shakira's curls as a guide. Spiral type. My hair holds styles well. Please post info. How long would it take it get it done professionally? Thanks.How do you curl long hair?
use sponge curlers or hot sticks. your hair sounds beautiful!How do you curl long hair?
with a curling iron
You need a haircut seriously.
You should try and get it cut. Down to your ancles? that is actually too long you should get it cut and it would be a lot easier to curl and you can do a lot of different styles
if your hair is that long and HEALTY, i would advise that you don't curl it. mainly because having healthy hair is essential when it's that long. if you want to go for the curly look i would cut it a little bit first.
With hair that long, it may be very difficult to curl it if it doesn't have any natural waves to it..since the longer the hair is, the more weight it has, and thus the more difficult it is to create a style that goes against its natural texture.



For my waist-length hair, I had my stylist cut layers, which makes it much easier to style, since it removes some of the weight and bulk. After I wash it, I towel dry, then apply mousse to wet hair. Afterwards, I separate my hair into 4 equal sections (two on the top side of my head and two below those). For each section of hair, I twist it until it turns into a knotted bun, then I secure the hair with an elastic. I let it air dry in the bun, then once the hair is dry, I remove it and the hair is curly. This usually lasts until the next time I wash my hair.
You can try curling by pinning up your hair and then taking it off after several minutes. If you give it ten minutes it should come out pretty curly but seeing as your hair is you might want to leave it for a bit longer.



Here's a video to show you what I mean.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=50yw2W5F_z…



Otherwise you can just use a normal curling tongs, seeing as your hair is long you can do one length of your hair at a time so all your hair is properly curled. This will take a long time if you do this at home. And you will probably need someone to do this for you. If your getting it professionally done then of course it will take less time, after all they are the professionals.
I agree. U need a haircut. Get layers that will frame your face. Layered hair is easy to style. Because of the weight of your hair a curl cannot stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment